- Can parents make surprise visits?
- Is the tuition payment schedule manageable?
- What is the procedure if an emergency happens? Are the parents notified immediately?
- What safety measures are in place for emergencies such as fire or accidents?
- Are there regular meetings between the parents and staff members?
- Are there separate play and learning rooms for the different age groups?
- Is the equipment safe, clean and inviting?
- Observe the children currently enrolled to see if they interact positively with each other and the staff members.
- Are the class, play and resting schedule appropriate?
- Are the staff members able to manage their groups of children?
- Is there a trained First Aid and infant CPR staff member onsite at all times?
- How high is the staff turnover, and is this a stable environment?
Here are some important questions to ask yourself and the staff before choosing a Childcare Environment.